Although, dealing with stress can be an arduous process, oftentimes it cannot be avoided. So keep these stress reducing tips in mind to conquer any stress that you may be experiencing.
- Take it easy. Make an effort to eat, work and move around at a relaxed pace. When you rush through your daily routine you are in fact inducing stress.
- Do something you enjoy. Make time to do enjoyable activities whenever possible. This will help you forget about your troubles. This gives your mind a chance to focus on something other than your problems.
- Let your food digest. Avoid beginning a task immediately after a meal. Take a short break and just chill out for a moment.
- Enjoy your surroundings. Simple things in life like a sunny day, flowers and birds on branches often go unnoticed. So, make it a point to venture outside at least once a day to observe the scenery, and you will find that your stress will decrease.
- Pay attention to your body. When you are all worked up, you may feel tension in your neck, chest, throat or shoulders. When this happens, slowly and purposefully, breathe deeply to release stress from these areas.
- Stop your mind from wondering. Many times, you may find your mind racing when you worry about things. This is a great time to grab a note pad and draw, enjoy a coloring book or grab your sneakers and go for a brisk walk, this will keep your mind off your worries.
- Avoid burning yourself out. Don’t work continuously for long hours. Take breaks from your work to relax.
- Dress comfortably. Make it a point to wear comfortable and loose clothing whenever possible. Take your shoes off, this really reduces stress.
- Release the pressure. Do not keep your feelings to yourself for long periods of time. Find a trustworthy person to share your feelings with. If necessary, you can also join a group or online community.
- Breathe. Breathing is one of the most effective ways to reduce stress. To relieve stress, you have to breathe deeply by inhaling through your nose, pulling all the air into the depths of your lungs. Hold this position for a count of six and then exhale through the mouth for another count of six. This has to be repeated for a few minutes, make certain that you do not hyperventilate. If you feel light-headed or dizzy, resume normal breathing.
- Get away sometimes. Adjust your busy schedule to do something relaxing and fun. It can be something like dancing, listening to music, biking, praying, taking photographs, walking on the beach or swimming. Make a list of the activities that you enjoy doing and find the time to do them. Long vacations are great but, mini vacations and staycations are real stress busters!These are just a few of the ways to reduce your stress level. Are you tired of stressing about school? Contact Dr. Shaw for your free strategy session to help take the stress out of school. This will give you more time to do the things you enjoy.
To schedule your complimentary strategy session(45 minutes by zoom), please submit your request via email at firstname.lastname@example.org